Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How much to tip a nail technician?

I'm getting a full set of gel nails tomorrow, with a French manicure. Is there a standard percentage for tipping my nail tech?How much to tip a nail technician?
I asked my friend who does this because I had the same question. She said that if they are really good, it is usually the 18-20% you would leave your hairdresser.How much to tip a nail technician?
depending on what other services you have and where you live determines on what you tip. I have a salon 2 doors down from where i work and i see alot of different tips. I personally tip 3-5 dollars per technician. So if i get my nails done with a fancy paint job then i tip that person $5. If i also get my tootsies done then i tip another 3-5$. I usually tip more on the pedicure, somthing about touching another person's feet.. lol good luck
There is no standard for tipping because she is delivering a service and you are paying her for it. Do you tip the guy at the cleaners, the check out girl at Kroger's? No. Unlike, waiters she is not catering to your every whim - Does she get up and go to the Coke machine for you or bring you a glass of ice for the fresh lemonade she provides? Probably not. If you request an extra coat or a file down- she is going to charge you, PER NAIL. Whatever you leave is acceptable. I wouldn't leave a tip unless you have a nail tech that delivers something more than what she is suppose to (like courtesy crudites or cappuccino).
depends usually $2-$3for a manicure and pedicure I leave $5.
I tip my nail tech $5 per service. I get a pedi and a pink %26amp; white fill every 10 days and I tip $10 for that. I've been going to the same tech for a long time and she knows exactly how I like my nails and she always does them perfectly. On the other hand...on the rare occasion that I don't have tome to get to that particular salon and I have to go somewhere else...if the person does a good job, I'll tip $5 but if they don't do it the way I ask, I won't tip. I'm very specific (ok, and fussy, I admit)...but I'm fair.
I have always had tips. It depends on how good they do. If they did what you wanted then 20%. If they did ok then 10% if they did crappy job quickly tell them so they can fix it. You are the one paying for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment