Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Does any one how to become a qualified nail technician?

I live in stoke on trent and I want to become a nail technician and I woundered if anyone out there has any advise they could give me. I don't drive at the moment but am in the process of learning. I want to go into full time training whether it be college based or apprenteship.





ThanksDoes any one how to become a qualified nail technician?
I started my education at a local technical school while I was in high school. Once you get enrolled and have a student ID, you can attend trade shows and classes. I went for my full cosmetology license, so I could do hair, skin, and nails. I highly reccomend that, because sitting at a desk doing nails and pedicures all day can be really boring. It's nice to move around.





Buy books on the subject first, before you take the class. You don't make a whole lot of money, and setting up a clientelle is hard at first. You do a whole lot of sitting. Also, check your area's licensure requirements to see how much time you'll have to invest in your education.





Here are some websites~


www.behindthechair.com


www.nailpro.com


www.nailsmag.com


www.creativenail.com


www.theindustrysource.comDoes any one how to become a qualified nail technician?
i think you go to college and then get a job simple as that, or set up on your own, costs about 2k i think and you become fully qualified to what level i dont know! good luck, check with your local college!
Doesn't it just involve being accurate with a hammer?
you can learn and pass all exams to become fully qualified at the carlton beauty institute in Windsor within 4 days, but need to return to do your NVQ at a later date.


It's a bit far, but you could spend 4 days in windsor and it's lovely, the beauty institute directly faces windsor castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment