Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Any tips for learning to be a nail technician?

I really want to be a nail technician and am hopefully starting a manicure course in October. I'm then hoping to do a nail extensions course in January and a Pedicure course which starts in February. Can I just go straight for a job after I get those level 2 qualifications? I live in England.Any tips for learning to be a nail technician?
I'm not a nail tech myself, but I would think that 'practice makes perfect' as that ol' adage goes :) The hands-on experience can really help to hone one's skills and technique with the amount of manual dexterity that it takes to work on someone else's nails. In the states, I was under the impression that one needs their certification before working in a salon as a tech though not sure about the UK. Perhaps you can call some area beauty or nail salons and ask them of the minimum requirements to get a job as a nail tech. And the course should cover basic anatomy and physiology of especially the hands and feet as well as some chemistry and one should learn that for their job as well as for the exam. Good luck in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment