Monday, December 28, 2009

Can I do outcalls legally as a Nail Technician?

I'm a Nail Tech, wondering if I need any seperate license to do outcalls. How do I handle my taxes.. 1099? Also, what kind of insurance is good to have for liability?? Can I do outcalls legally as a Nail Technician?
You will need a business license. Contact the city where you live. Also need a state sales tax license.


Contact your insurance agent re: liability insurance. Should be able to add to existing coverage for not a lot of $.


A 1099 is something you receive from the person paying you. Your clients would not do this.


You would report your income on a Schedule C, self-employment income and pay self-employment tax (equivalent of social security) on form SE.





Good luck with the venture
  • hand soap
  • eye
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment