Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How much money can a nail technician make?

Can I make an independent living doing this?How much money can a nail technician make?
Well, as a licensed nail technician, you can actually rent a table (space) in some salons. There is a drawback if the salon is not a high trafficked area. So, you would have to self-promote your work. Plus, you need to be extremely good! I would suggest working in an upscale salon if possible. The money is better and the tips normally larger. But again, the rent would be higher for the space.





I owned my own nail business in Germany and I earned about $800 a week. But that was if all clients booked actually showed. I would not take walk-ins. I was working on a Military Post... so the majority of my clients were American Military wives and I charged very little... and the tips were very small. BUT, my German clients would pay double what I charged and would tip extremely well... I also offered a UNIQUE product... Gel nails... opposed to the acrylic... Although I did both, Gel nails were extremely popular and quickly became a favorite to all my clients and sealed the acrylics with a permanent shine and helped prevent lifting caused by excessive water exposure.





So, if you offer high quality work and can successfully promote yourself as well as acquire a devoted clientele (and offer them a unique product like the gels), then going to work for yourself would probably be in your best interest.





It never hurts to start out at a salon that offers a wage versus rental space. This way, you can build your clientele and then when you decide to go into business for yourself, you most likely will take your devoted clientele with you.





My average year was about $30,000 minus product, supplies and rent. After tax, well鈥? you get the point鈥? :-) So, it is a great income for a double income family, but as far as a single income, you better love what you are doing!!





Well... I hope this helps...How much money can a nail technician make?
On average depending on what school you to. You can make anywhere from 8.00 an hour to 12.00 starting off. It also depends on what salon you work at as well, because depending on where you are the clientelle will be better and tip more. After 5-9 years the median salary is still 9.00- 12.00 an hour. After working for 20 or more years you can make up to 25.00 an hour. The starting off salary is not very good and if you are living on your own it might be very hard. After you have been doing it for some time you could possibly live on your own. Also if you eventually ended up opening your own nail salon then your wages would change. I got this from payscale.com. You can check out any career there.
Not so much.....maybe $20,000 a year
why dont you try googleling it?

No comments:

Post a Comment