Saturday, January 9, 2010

How can I be certain that my nail technician gets the tip I leave her?

Every couple of weeks I go to the nail salon and have a pedicure and have either a refill or a new set of nails put on (I use pearl tips and pearl refills are horrible so once a month I remove my set and have a new one put on). I always ask for the same technician as she really does a great job. My bill comes to around $50 and I leave a 20% tip. I always pay by credit card and add the tip. I always put the technician's name at the top of the CC receipt so that the owner knows who the tip belongs to. I know that she will have to pay taxes on the tip, but that's only fair (I have to pay taxes on my salary and bonuses). My concern is that she won't get her tip. Can someone please tell me how this works? How can I be sure she's getting what's hers? I have been tempted to ask her, but I think that is really crass.How can I be certain that my nail technician gets the tip I leave her?
Ask her. She will be happy that you are concerned for her.





Or -- why don't you just take $10 cash and hand it to her and say thanks? If you think it looks tacky to hand someone cash, wrap it in a little piece of memo-paper reading ';Thanks, from Sally.';





Trust me, i've been in jobs where you get tips, and it is very nice to know that the people are actually grateful for your good work.How can I be certain that my nail technician gets the tip I leave her?
walk over and hand it to her. If it is on your charge . then ask for the cash , and then walk over and hand it to her.
Give it to her directly in cash.
The only way you can be sure is to give her cash in person.
Just give her cash - stop at the ATM, if necessary. I never trust credit card tips, either.
TIP HER DIRECTLY IN CASH
A lot of women give a cash tip in advance of getting the work done, especially if the regular technician is doing the job. You already know she will do a great job, so there should be no problem tipping in advance. I usually pay in advance so that I don't risk messing up my nails afterwards. A lot of technicians often ask to be paid upfront for this reason,

No comments:

Post a Comment